We are excited to announce the launch of FUTURE READY New Opportunities!
In March 2020 the Covid-19 pandemic changed the way we work and live. Sudden long and short-term interruptions in businesses across Nova Scotia and the world led to shut downs, massive layoffs, uncertainty, and a new normal requiring adaptability, flexibility, and an openness to new opportunities.
FUTURE READY New Opportunities, a project funded by the Department of Labour and Advanced Education, seeks to connect 20 displaced Nova Scotians from underrepresented groups to meaningful employment after sudden job loss or reduced hours due to the Covid-19 crisis. Together, TEAM Work Cooperative, a Nova Scotia Works agency and Placemaking 4G (P4G), will inspire a value-driven culture where contributors thrive and purpose ignites to ensure quality candidates are placed with organizations that align with their culture and values.
Benefits to Participants:
1. Opportunity for training, education and skills development leading to an improved earning potential
2. 20 vulnerable Nova Scotians will reengage in employment by September 2021
3. Increased capacity to grow and advance into sustainable career paths
TEAM Work Cooperative invites you to submit your resume and/or written expression of interest by email to FUTURE READY Program Coordinator, Elizabeth Fitzner @ email@example.com if you meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Permanent resident of Nova Scotia
- Member of an underrepresented group (ex: African Nova Scotian, African Descent, Visible Minority, Disability, Mental Health, Indigenous, LGBTQ+, Older Worker (55+), Women, Youth under 30)
- Lost your job or have had reduced hours due to Covid-19
- Seeking new employment opportunities